From: cbriant on

Bob I;3579614 Wrote:
> From an earlier posting of mine
>
> If the problem is ONLY when you double-click on a file to open it. the
> problem is likely due to DDE. It can be fixed by reinstalling, OR this
> workaround.

Hi,

How do you reinstall DDE?

We have the same problem in our company that is on one of the OS builds
we image onto our new laptops. The workaround works, but DDE also
appears to effect other things such as Windows Explorer. When opening
explorer using windows key and "E" it will take a long time to open on
the problem laptops.

We need to make sure that this is corrected on the new build.

--
cbriant
cbriant's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/cbriant.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Bob I on

cbriant wrote:

> Bob I;3579614 Wrote:
>
>>From an earlier posting of mine
>>
>>If the problem is ONLY when you double-click on a file to open it. the
>>problem is likely due to DDE. It can be fixed by reinstalling, OR this
>>workaround.
>>

> Hi,
>
> How do you reinstall DDE?
>
> We have the same problem in our company that is on one of the OS builds
> we image onto our new laptops. The workaround works, but DDE also
> appears to effect other things such as Windows Explorer. When opening
> explorer using windows key and "E" it will take a long time to open on
> the problem laptops.
>
> We need to make sure that this is corrected on the new build.

Reinstalling the operating system.