From: Alan on
Hi Guy's.

I was very tired and not thinking too well. I managed to delete the Bluesoleil from my task bar in Outlook 2000, don't ask me why but I did!

I used to have on the task bar a synchronise, pull and other tabs which I never used and deselected them from the tools options menu. Stupidly I opened the commands and deleted the bluesoleil tool bar.

Now of course Outlook launches until the end of loading the task bars and then reports that it found a problem and needs to close.

Is there a way to put it right without having to reinstall it? is this part of Outlook or Windows?

Any help would be very appreciated. .
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Alan" <alan_woolidge[at]btinternet[dot]com> wrote in message

> I was very tired and not thinking too well. I managed to delete the
> Bluesoleil from my task bar in
> Outlook 2000, don't ask me why but I did!
>
> I used to have on the task bar a synchronise, pull and other tabs which I
> never used and
> deselected them from the tools options menu. Stupidly I opened the commands
> and deleted the
> bluesoleil tool bar.
>
> Now of course Outlook launches until the end of loading the task bars and
> then reports that it
> found a problem and needs to close.
>
> Is there a way to put it right without having to reinstall it? is this part
> of Outlook or Windows?

When you post using a brain-dead posting host like outlookforums.com, please
press Enter periodically to provide a line wrap. Your paragraphs each show as
one big long line, making them difficult to read. You'd be better off using a
real newsreader.

With Outlook closed, try deleting the file outcmd.dat in
%AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook and then restarting Outlook. If that doesn't
work, try deleting (for XP) %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\extend.dat or (for Vista or 7)
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Outlook\extend.dat.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Alan on
tillman1952 wrote on Tue, 20 April 2010 14:43
> "Alan" <alan_woolidge[at]btinternet[dot]com> wrote in message
>
> > I was very tired and not thinking too well. I managed to delete the
> > Bluesoleil from my task bar in
> > Outlook 2000, don't ask me why but I did!
> >
> > I used to have on the task bar a synchronise, pull and other tabs which I
> > never used and
> > deselected them from the tools options menu. Stupidly I opened the commands
> > and deleted the
> > bluesoleil tool bar.
> >
> > Now of course Outlook launches until the end of loading the task bars and
> > then reports that it
> > found a problem and needs to close.
> >
> > Is there a way to put it right without having to reinstall it? is this part
> > of Outlook or Windows?
>
> When you post using a brain-dead posting host like outlookforums.com, please
> press Enter periodically to provide a line wrap. Your paragraphs each show as
> one big long line, making them difficult to read. You'd be better off using a
> real newsreader.
>
> With Outlook closed, try deleting the file outcmd.dat in
> %AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook and then restarting Outlook. If that doesn't
> work, try deleting (for XP) %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Outlook\extend.dat or (for Vista or 7)
> %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Outlook\extend.dat.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Thank you for your reply and apologies for the text problem
all forums seem to be different in one way or another.

Okay, I tried deleting both as suggested without success the error
still persists, will a reinstall of Outlook put it back or can you
suggest anything else?

I am using Windows XP Home SP3..
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> Okay, I tried deleting both as suggested without success the error still
> persists, will a reinstall of Outlook put it back or can you
> suggest anything else?

I'd reinstall the BlueSoleil software you uninstalled. I suspect that it
added a toolbar to Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]