From: wishbringer2001 on
On Dec 5, 9:24 pm, rusure <r_u_s...(a)mybluelight.com> wrote:
> On Dec 5, 6:18 pm, Andrew Wiskow <wis...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
>

> > I sold mine a few months ago for $800... And
> > I know of another one that sold for $1000...
>
> All I want is a SCSI internal drive. My hard drive is currently
> working but 2 previous internsl drives have died on me so I am kind of
> gun shy. I'd like to back up the data. I have an external SyQuest
> floppy drive that only increases the capacity of hard drive but I
> think the external data will be lost if the internal drive dies. I
> have a 4.36GB internal WESTERN DIGITAL SCSI drive that was pulled from
> a DELL laptop, but the CMD data cables don't fit this drive's data
> ports. Printed on the drive is "Single-ended Fast Wide SCSI-3
> Interface". The power cable fits the drive's power port.

What size SCSI-II (50 pin) do you want? 2 gig can be found for $20-40
depending on condition and vendor.
From: rusure on
On Dec 5, 8:42 pm, wishbringer2...(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> On Dec 5, 9:24 pm, rusure <r_u_s...(a)mybluelight.com> wrote:
>
> > All I want is a SCSI internal drive. My hard drive is currently
> > working but 2 previous internsl drives have died on me so I am
> > kind of gun shy. I have a 4.36GB internal WESTERN DIGITAL SCSI
> > drive that was pulled from a DELL laptop, but the CMD data
> > cables don't fit this drive's data ports. Printed on the drive
> > is "Single-ended Fast Wide SCSI-3 Interface".
>
> What size SCSI-II (50 pin) do you want? 2 gig can be
> found for $20-40 depending on condition and vendor.

Right now, my Commodore Hard Drive back up partition takes up less
than 8 megabytes on my XP hard drive. If I needed it, I could even
use the 135 megabyte Syquest external drive if I knew how to install
the CMD hard drive system on an SQ disk. Who sells 2 gig drives?
From: The Questarian on
redrumloa wrote:
> On Dec 5, 8:18 pm, Andrew Wiskow <wis...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
>> On Dec 5, 3:24 pm, redrumloa <amiga...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I want a CMD HD in good condition. Have one to sell? I will pay a
>>> reasonable price.
>> I sold mine a few months ago for $800... And I know of another one
>> that sold for $1000... If these prices are "reasonable" to you, then
>> you may find someone who's willing to sell theirs to you. Otherwise,
>> you may be out of luck. I just wanted to give you a "heads up".
>>
>> -Andrew
>
> That is nutty. Realistic would be in the $250-$350 ballpark, give or
> take. Prices fluctuate, I've seen them on eBay this year for ~$250.

Lol, Hell I payed like $800 over for my CMD HD-2000 and FD-2000 when I
bought them from CMD... good god, I has to be like 10 years ago, wow
time flies... And given all the hassles that people have gone through
now, I'm soooo glad I did.

$250? Wow, I'll have to start watching eBay for CMD stuff again... $250
for a CMD HD is a bargain these days. I can see why they'd go high. To
be honest for me personally, it would take nothing less then a $500
offer before I would even begin considering parting with my CMD HD...and
then saying no. I just love those drives... best damed Commodore
related things I ever blew way too much money on... I can't imagine
living without them.