From: RichA on
Seems like it. The online review sites that rely on manufacturer/
retailer dollars shy away from any kind of controversy over equipment
or photography. Dpreview is the most glaring example. Their
justifications for things like 100% rumour control (at least, out of
the forums) are pretty lame. You don't report rumours on exciting
new cameras when the manufacturers want to keep pushing the old stock.
Not only that, but sites are terrified of any kind of negative
publicity. Most of this stems from the U.S. (and increasingly,
Europe's) "culture of litigation."

Witness:

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Photographer_told_to_remove_child_photos_from_YouTube_news_296451.html

From: stephe_k on
RichA wrote:
> Most of this stems from the U.S. (and increasingly,
> Europe's) "culture of litigation."
>
> Witness:
>
> http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Photographer_told_to_remove_child_photos_from_YouTube_news_296451.html

This is more insane, Parents not allowed to take pictures of their own
children in some places? O.o

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Photographs_of_children_vital_to_childhood_news_296406.html

Stephanie
From: Charles on
Confusion reigns. But as much with spelling:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whorish

From: RichA on
On Apr 1, 6:57 pm, "Charles" <charlesschu...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> Confusion reigns.  But as much with spelling:http://www.merriam-webster..com/dictionary/whorish

I know the spelling was incorrect. I did it to reflect the
mispronunciation often used in English. Like calling a presentation a
"preesentation."
From: Tzortzakakis Dimitrios on

? "RichA" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> ?????? ??? ??????
On Apr 1, 6:57 pm, "Charles" <charlesschu...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> Confusion reigns. But as much with
> spelling:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whorish

I know the spelling was incorrect. I did it to reflect the
mispronunciation often used in English. Like calling a presentation a
"preesentation."
<end quote>
Like in japanese, where Tokyo is actually "Tookyoo"

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering