From: Tzortzakakis Dimitrios on

? "John Turco" <jtur(a)concentric.net> ?????? ??? ??????
> Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:
>>
>> ? "John Turco" <jtur(a)concentric.net> ?????? ??? ??????
>
> <heavily edited for brevity>

>> > Those rascally Russians finally did >something< right, eh?
>>
>> Yeah, if you count out ICBMs and kalaschnikows, they supplied each
>> household
>> with a B/W Tv, and a primus stove.
>
> <edited>
>
> While I don't know what a "primus stove" is, it doesn't seem very
> sophisticated.
>
> Better that Muscovites "have it their way" at the local burger joint, I'd
> imagine.
Like the famous greek "Petrogaz", named after a brand, like Xerox. It means
all gas ranges, that run on a gas bottle (LPG-Liquified Petroleum Gas),
which usually have two or three rings, and no oven. It was a vast
improvement on the real "primus" stove, working on naptha or kerosene, and
needing to pump it up every time you fired it up. So tells my mother. Or the
"parastia", where you light a fire with wood (logs, small branches etc.) and
cook your food, or even your coffee.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering