From: Geoff on
I have some code that I only want to be run if a check box is checked. So I
inserted an ActiveX check box which I have named cbRecord.

I then put the following IF around the code which is initiated by clicking a
spinner form control:

If cbRecord.Value Then
End If

However, when the code is run I get the following error: Run time error
'424': Object required. When I go to debug, the code doesn't even know that
my check box exists.

TIA...Geoff

From: Ryan H on
Try

If Sheets("Sheet1").CheckBoxes("Check Box 1").Value = xlOn Then
'do stuff
End If
--
Cheers,
Ryan

From: B Lynn B on
or even tighter (since we know the name of the ActiveX checkbox):

If Sheets("Sheet1").cbRecord then
'do stuff
End if

From: Geoff on
Thanks Ryan. Now I get: Run time error '1004': Unable to get the Checkboxes
property of the Worksheet class.

There's nothing in the Locals window.

From: Geoff on
Many thanks. That worked. I don't know what I was doing wrong. I basically
copied the code from another spreadsheet I made a ways back. And it still
works there. VBA in Excel is still pretty mysterious to me and not nearly as
easy as Access for me.