From: Jerry on
I have MS Office Home & STudent 07 version & have the PS2 package loaded. I
still cannot open an odp file into my ppt program. It says I do not have a
file converter but I don't find one anywhere in my searches.
From: Matti Vuori on
=?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?= <Jerry(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> I have MS Office Home & STudent 07 version & have the PS2 package
> loaded. I still cannot open an odp file into my ppt program. It says
> I do not have a file converter but I don't find one anywhere in my
> searches.

Clearly there is something wrong with your installation of SP2.

But meanwhile you can install Sun's ODF Plugin for Microsoft Office
http://www.sun.com/software/star/odf_plugin/

Note that instead of Open & Save, it uses Import ODF and Export ODF
commands which it installs in the Add-Ins tab.

From: Gordon on

"Jerry" <Jerry(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have MS Office Home & STudent 07 version & have the PS2 package loaded.
> still cannot open an odp file into my ppt program. It says I do not have
> file converter but I don't find one anywhere in my searches.

In addition to what Matti said the Sun plug in is the way to go because the
SP2 "implementation" of ODF is broken. (I wonder why?)