From: Alessandra on
I have downloaded a few of these from the Microsoft site, some appear
fine on the smartart list, others do not. What is the proper way of
installing a glox file? Are there other good sources of additional
smartart diagrams on the web?
thanks!
From: Ute Simon (MVP) on
>> Are there other good sources of additional
>> smartart diagrams on the web?
>> thanks!

Office 2010 will bring lots of new SmartArts. If you have the Beta already
installed, you can either insert the one you want on a slide and open that
slide in 2007. Or - with a bit of knowledge of XML - make your own GLOX.

Best regards,
Ute

From: Alessandra on
On 29 Mar, 17:12, "Ute Simon \(MVP\)" <u...(a)ppt-user.de> wrote:
> >> Are there other good sources of additional
> >> smartart diagrams on the web?
> >> thanks!
>
> Office 2010 will bring lots of new SmartArts. If you have the Beta already
> installed, you can either insert the one you want on a slide and open that
> slide in 2007. Or - with a bit of knowledge of XML - make your ownGLOX.
>
> Best regards,
> Ute

After installing all the extra smartart from that site, PPT2007 has
started to misbehave. First PPT would not start. After rebooting it
told me that the Camtasia Studio add-in needed to be deactivated. I
did that. Now it crashes very often. Any ideas?
From: Ute Simon (MVP) on
> After installing all the extra smartart from that site, PPT2007 has
> started to misbehave. First PPT would not start. After rebooting it
> told me that the Camtasia Studio add-in needed to be deactivated. I
> did that. Now it crashes very often. Any ideas?

GLOX files are just an additional piece of XML. I don't see how they could
interact with Camtasia Studio. I too have Camtasia installed and it works
well, even though I use some additional SmartArts.

What do you mean with "installing"? Normally there's no installation process
for SmartArts. You download the GLOX file and you copy it into the
sub-folder of the Theme folder. You re-start Office and it's there.

Are the problems solved, if you delete the additional GLOX files? If not,
insert the Office installation disk and try a repair install. If necessary,
also re-install Camtasia.

Best regards,
Ute