From: Dale Fye on
I've got an Access application I'm developing to control a Powerpoint
presentation.

I've figured out how to open PPT, select a presentation, and view that
presentation in design view, but have not figured out how to switch the view
to SlideShow.

Assuming I have application (oPPT) and presentation (oPres) objects, what
VBA do I need to change the view of PPT from design view to slideshow view.

----
Dale

From: John Wilson john AT technologytrish.co DOT on
Hi dale
Does oPres.SlideShowSettings.Run do it?
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

From: Dale Fye on
John,

Yes, but now the line in my code which selects which slide to display in
the design view (see below) is generating an error.

oPres.Slides(mlngSlideIndex + 1).Select

Runtime error -2147188160 (80048240)
Slide (unknown member): invalid request. This view does not support selection

Which generates several new questions.

1. How do I determine whether the presentation is showing in design or
slide show view?

2.. How do I close the slideshow view?

3. How do I manipulate the slide that is shown in the slideshow?

----
Dale

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <4B0CF25D-FD05-4105-8FC9-812753EEDD14(a)microsoft.com>, Dale Fye
wrote:
> I've got an Access application I'm developing to control a Powerpoint
> presentation.
>
> I've figured out how to open PPT, select a presentation, and view that
> presentation in design view, but have not figured out how to switch the view
> to SlideShow.
>
> Assuming I have application (oPPT) and presentation (oPres) objects, what
> VBA do I need to change the view of PPT from design view to slideshow view.

Replied to this elsewhere.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: Dale Fye on
OK, I figured out that I could create a SlideShowWindow object (oSSW) from
the .Run command. And when this error comes up, I've got an error handler
that uses:

oSSW.view.gotoslide ##

But is there a more elegant way to determine this?

I still have not figured out how to close the SlideShowWindow via code.

----
Dale