From: Antti on
zcsizmadia(a)gmail.com schrieb:

> cblsrv emulates a Par III cable, so Impact doesn't have any idea,
> cblsrv would use a Platform USB cable. One working firmware would be
> good enough (unless they change the cableserver protocoll when using
> Par III)
>
> The windows debugging part is fairly easy, no breakpoints, or anything
> nasty, just simply put API trace logs with dumping incoming/outgoing
> data.
>
> I'd be more interested to reverse engineer the Platform USB than Par
> IV, because most new laptops and some desktops lack par ports anyway.
>
> Reverse engineer the Digilent USB JTAG cable took roughly 2 days to
> reverse engineer the basic protocol, but maybe the Platform USB is much
> nastier.
>
> Zoltan

ah? I am gettin old or what?
you can put "API trace logs" read write to physical IO?
to reverse the Cable IV that is required.

as of platform USB cable, it makes sens to use the natice cableserver
as gateway, so you are not troubled with the USB protocol or firmware
revision, etc

Antti

From: Uwe Bonnes on
zcsizmadia(a)gmail.com <zcsizmadia(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Uwe,

> Did you have a chance to try my patch?

The patches seem right, but the whole thing doesn't work when the windrvr6
module is unloaded.

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes bon(a)elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt
From: zcsizmadia@gmail.com on
I've tested Impact without windriver and was working. Unfortunately I
have no access to Impact running on Linux :(

Zoltan

From: zcsizmadia@gmail.com on
>>you can put "API trace logs" read write to physical IO?

If they are using the HAL.DLL functions READ_PORT_UCHAR,
WRITE_PORT_UCHAR (or WRITE_PORT_xxx, READ_PORT_xxx). This is suggested
by MS instead of using in/out directly.

I've checked xpc4drvr.sys. It's using READ_PORT_UCHAR and
WRITE_PORT_UCHAR.
This should be fairly simple.

Unfortunately windriver6 implemented all of these functions (I guess
because of Linux). I've opened it a disassembler, and they have a bunch
of small wrapper functions to read/write I/O. Those functions can be
hooked, but it would be nasty.

Zoltan

From: cs_posting on
zcsizmadia(a)gmail.com wrote:

> Reverse engineer the Digilent USB JTAG cable took roughly 2 days to
> reverse engineer the basic protocol, but maybe the Platform USB is much
> nastier.

Given how inexpensive the digilent USB cable is, seems like it would
make sense to get that working and just forget about the xilinx usb
cable?

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: FSL read/write problems