From: Leslie Milburn on

"Franz Bachler" <fraba.nospam(a)gmx.at> wrote in message
>>> SetClassLong( hWnd, GCL_HICON,
>>> (LONG) LoadIcon( GetModuleHandle(NULL),
>>> MAKEINTRESOURCE(ICO_NAMEICON) ) );
>>>
>>> The HWND-Handle from the OpenCV-Window is from
>>>
>>> hWnd=(HWND) cvGetWindowHandle(szNameofWindow);
>>
>> Use WM_SETICON message
>> hth
>> Leslie.
>
> Hello,
> sorry but
>
> SendMessage(hWnd, WM_SETICON, (WPARAM) FALSE,
> (LONG) LoadIcon(GetModuleHandle(NULL),
> MAKEINTRESOURCE(ICO_NAME)));
>
> doesn't work.
>
> Greetings,
> Franz

My guess is that the LoadIcon call is failing. Call it separately and check
the results.
hth
Leslie.

From: Franz Bachler on
> My guess is that the LoadIcon call is failing. Call it separately and
> check the results.

I've testet it so:

if (LoadIcon(GetModuleHandle(NULL), MAKEINTRESOURCE(ICO_NAME)))
exit(0);

Result: The Programm exits; that shows that the return value of LoadIcon is
not NULL.
So this should work. If I replace ICO_NAME with the Name of a Button, then
the program exits.

From: Dee Earley on
On 06/11/2009 09:28, Franz Bachler wrote:
>> My guess is that the LoadIcon call is failing. Call it separately and
>> check the results.
>
> I've testet it so:
>
> if (LoadIcon(GetModuleHandle(NULL), MAKEINTRESOURCE(ICO_NAME)))
> exit(0);
>
> Result: The Programm exits; that shows that the return value of LoadIcon is
> not NULL.
> So this should work. If I replace ICO_NAME with the Name of a Button, then
> the program exits.

You have actually added an Icon resource with the matching name?

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems
From: Franz Bachler on
> You have actually added an Icon resource with the matching name?

Yes, the program starts with a dialogbox and if you press a button in the
dialogbox opens an OpenCV-Window. The dialogbox uses the same icon. But you
can also start directly the OpenCV-Window with a switch without previous
dialog box.

From: Leslie Milburn on

>> My guess is that the LoadIcon call is failing. Call it separately and
>> check the results.
>
> I've testet it so:
>
> if (LoadIcon(GetModuleHandle(NULL), MAKEINTRESOURCE(ICO_NAME)))
> exit(0);
>
> Result: The Programm exits; that shows that the return value of LoadIcon
> is not NULL.
>
> So this should work. If I replace ICO_NAME with the Name of a Button, then
> the program exits.

This last part does not make sense as surely the button image is a bitmap
and not an icon and therefore the call should fail. Are you sure the icon is
actually in the resource file of the executable and not in a different rc
file which might be part of your DLL for example ? This issue would be
highlighted if you used hInstance in the LoadIcon call and not
GetModuleHandle(NULL). Also while we are at it, LoadImage is now the
preferred API from memory.
Leslie

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3