From: mlesin on
What package have you used for installation?
I have the same problem, not with firefox, it runs fine, but with other
commercial application

From: Carsten Holz on
mlesin schrieb:
> What package have you used for installation?

libxft-2.1.12

http://ftp.x.org/pub/individual/app/

Hth

From: jjk on

Carsten Holz wrote:
> mlesin schrieb:
> > What package have you used for installation?
>
> libxft-2.1.12
>
> http://ftp.x.org/pub/individual/app/
>
> Hth
>
> > I have the same problem, not with firefox, it runs fine, but with other
> > commercial application
> >
> > Carsten Holz wrote:
> >> Everything is fine now. I reinstalled libXft and it runs.
> >>
> >> CU

I have the same undefined symbol problem. Kde fails to start with the
following message:
/opt/kde3/bin/kdeinit: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libXft.so.2:
undefined symbol: FT_Library_SetLcdFilter

I tried re-installing the x libs, kde, and even tried downloading and
installing libXft from xorg.
Nothing helps.

Ideas on how to repair this problem will be appreciated.

-jjk

From: znurre on

jjk skrev:

> Carsten Holz wrote:
> > mlesin schrieb:
> > > What package have you used for installation?
> >
> > libxft-2.1.12
> >
> > http://ftp.x.org/pub/individual/app/
> >
> > Hth
> >
> > > I have the same problem, not with firefox, it runs fine, but with other
> > > commercial application

> I have the same undefined symbol problem. Kde fails to start with the
> following message:
> /opt/kde3/bin/kdeinit: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libXft.so.2:
> undefined symbol: FT_Library_SetLcdFilter
>
> I tried re-installing the x libs, kde, and even tried downloading and
> installing libXft from xorg.
> Nothing helps.
>
> Ideas on how to repair this problem will be appreciated.
>
> -jjk

I wanna know too.
I've got exactly the same problem, and the only way for me was to
reinstall opensuse.
I tried "smart reinstall xorg*" and lots more stuff, nothing worked!
If you come up with a soultion, please post it here for future use!