From: Patrick Begou on
Hi,

I'm trying to use cpuset with my OpenSuse 11.0, kernel 2.6.25.20-0.7-default.
It seams I have all the tools: taskset from the util package, python cpuset
package... but the /dev/cpuset filesystem is not mounted.
I've tryed to mount it with:
# mount -t cpuset none /dev/cpuset
mount: unknown filesystem type 'cpuset'

Something missing ?

Thanks for your advices

Patrick

NB: I use cpuset on a SLES9 (IA64) on an Altix server, but would like to use it
also on an X86_64 Opensuse 11.0 computer to allow some cores to the batch scheduler.
From: mjt on
On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 09:47:23 +0200
Patrick Begou <Patrick.Begou(a)hmg.inpg.fr> wrote:

> I'm trying to use cpuset with my OpenSuse 11.0, kernel
> 2.6.25.20-0.7-default. It seams I have all the tools: taskset from
> the util package, python cpuset package... but the /dev/cpuset
> filesystem is not mounted. I've tryed to mount it with:
> # mount -t cpuset none /dev/cpuset
> mount: unknown filesystem type 'cpuset'
>
> Something missing ?

Is -cpuset- enabled in the kernel?

--
Nobody said computers were going to be polite.
<<< Remove YOURSHOES to email me >>>

From: Ulick Magee on
Patrick Begou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use cpuset with my OpenSuse 11.0, kernel 2.6.25.20-0.7-default.

FYI, 11.0 is now out of support and will no longer receive security
updates. This may or may not be relevant to you.

--

Ulick Magee

Free software and free formats for free information for free people.
Open Office for Windows/OSX/Linux: http://www.openoffice.org
openSUSE Linux: http://en.opensuse.org
From: Chris Cox on
On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 20:57 +0100, Ulick Magee wrote:
> Patrick Begou wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to use cpuset with my OpenSuse 11.0, kernel 2.6.25.20-0.7-default.
>
> FYI, 11.0 is now out of support and will no longer receive security
> updates. This may or may not be relevant to you.

Almost true:
http://news.opensuse.org/2010/07/05/maintenance-for-opensuse-11-0-extended/

From: Ulick Magee on
Chris Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 20:57 +0100, Ulick Magee wrote:
>> Patrick Begou wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to use cpuset with my OpenSuse 11.0, kernel 2.6.25.20-0.7-default.
>> FYI, 11.0 is now out of support and will no longer receive security
>> updates. This may or may not be relevant to you.
>>

> Almost true:
> http://news.opensuse.org/2010/07/05/maintenance-for-opensuse-11-0-extended/

OK so you got another week almost :) I'm subscribed to the
security-announce list and this minor stay of execution of 11.0 wasn't
mentioned there.

I still have a PC on 11.0 (and with a still bootable 9.1) but it hasn't
been powered up in about a year now. As it's ten years old and I work
with the macbook all the time, if I want to work at my desk (assuming I
ever clear the electronic junk pile off it) I'll probably just plug the
laptop into the desk's display and happy hacker keyboard* instead of
powering up the 750MHz Gateway that has a fan loud enough to make you
think it could cool a nuclear power plant.

* the HH keyboards** are great and when I brought mine into work it
confused the hell out of the windoze heads :) and the extra desk real
estate is useful even on a work-mandated Windoze XP machine - although
I've secreted an 11.2 VM onto it...

**this is the one with key legends. The ones with blank keys are a crazy
price, they should be cheaper :)

--

Ulick Magee

Free software and free formats for free information for free people.
Open Office for Windows/OSX/Linux: http://www.openoffice.org
openSUSE Linux: http://en.opensuse.org
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4