From: J G Miller on
Op vrijdag, 09 juli, 2010, 16:56:39u +0200, Houghi vroegt:

> I tried to find the replacement for sax2 as it is removed from 11.2. I
> could not a replacement. Somebody an idea?

Surely an openSUSE expert as yourself would consider --

1) download last available source RPM from openSUSE 11.1
2) compile and build against latest libraries
3) install the built rpm
4) voila, Sax2
From: mjt on
On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 16:56:39 +0200
houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:

> I tried to find the replacement for sax2 as it is removed from 11.2. I
> could not a replacement. Somebody an idea?
>
> (And please do not start moaning that it is gone. It is gone.)

Actually, it does exist in 11.2 ... it's in the OSS repo.
It's been deprecated, though.

--
"Why be a man when you can be a success?" - Bertold Brecht
<<< Remove YOURSHOES to email me >>>

From: David Bolt on
On Friday 09 Jul 2010 15:56, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
houghi painted this mural:

> I tried to find the replacement for sax2 as it is removed from 11.2. I
> could not a replacement. Somebody an idea?

Well, you could try one of these below.

> (And please do not start moaning that it is gone. It is gone.)

Shh, I don't want it knowing that it's gone and suddenly disappearing
from my system.

As for a replacement, maybe these would do:

<http://software.opensuse.org/ymp/openSUSE:11.2/standard/sax2.ymp?base=openSUSE:11.2&query=sax2>
<http://software.opensuse.org/ymp/openSUSE:11.3/standard/sax2.ymp?base=openSUSE:11.3&query=sax2>

Just pick the right one for the version of openSUSE you're running :-)

If they're no help, you might find some info/help here:

<https://features.opensuse.org/308357>
<http://wiki.opensuse.org/SDB:Configuring_graphics_cards>

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net
| | openSUSE 11.3RC2 32b |

From: David Bolt on
On Friday 09 Jul 2010 17:25, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
houghi painted this mural:

> David Bolt wrote:

>> Well, you could try one of these below.
>
> Doh. Wanted to type 11.3 11.2 still has it. Sorry.

I guessed as much, which is why I looked for both 11.2 and 11.3.

>> As for a replacement, maybe these would do:
>>
>> <http://software.opensuse.org/ymp/openSUSE:11.2/standard/sax2.ymp?base=openSUSE:11.2&query=sax2>
>> <http://software.opensuse.org/ymp/openSUSE:11.3/standard/sax2.ymp?base=openSUSE:11.3&query=sax2>
>>
>> Just pick the right one for the version of openSUSE you're running :-)
>
> Again not a replacement for sax2. And for 11.3

Why replace it if it's still there? It may be depreciated but, afaik,
it still works. As for a true replacement, I've no idea what you'd use
in its place.

>> If they're no help, you might find some info/help here:
>>
>> <https://features.opensuse.org/308357>
>> <http://wiki.opensuse.org/SDB:Configuring_graphics_cards>
>
> Yeah. Going back editing the xorg file. I was never able to do it. :-(

Don't think I've needed to do so, at least not for a long while. I
haven't checked, so maybe have missed it, but are they really going to
drop sax2 without a suitable replacement? If so, what are they going to
do about those where xorg doesn't get its configuration right and needs
to have the correct configuration specified?

Regards,
David Bolt

From: Vahis on
On 2010-07-09, David Bolt <blacklist-me(a)davjam.org> wrote:

<snip>
> I haven't checked, so maybe have missed it, but are they really going to
> drop sax2 without a suitable replacement? If so, what are they going to
> do about those where xorg doesn't get its configuration right and needs
> to have the correct configuration specified?

One general piece of advise seems to be to save the old xorg file ;)

Vahis
--
http://waxborg.servepics.com
openSUSE 11.2 (x86_64) 2.6.31.12-0.2-default
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: OpenSuses 11.0 & cpuset
Next: Servers down