From: David Bolt on
On Saturday 10 Jul 2010 11:52, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
houghi painted this mural:

> http://en.opensuse.org/Downtime/2010-07-10
> Darn and I wanted to do so much today and software.opensuse.org is not
> available. :-/

Wonder if that buildservice move will reduce the number of bad build
hosts. I don't see them very often, but it can be a little frustrating
when they do turn up.

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net
| | openSUSE 11.3RC2 32b |

From: Malcolm on
On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 13:45:41 +0100
David Bolt <blacklist-me(a)davjam.org> wrote:

> On Saturday 10 Jul 2010 11:52, while playing with a tin of spray
> paint, houghi painted this mural:
>
> > http://en.opensuse.org/Downtime/2010-07-10
> > Darn and I wanted to do so much today and software.opensuse.org is
> > not available. :-/
>
> Wonder if that buildservice move will reduce the number of bad build
> hosts. I don't see them very often, but it can be a little frustrating
> when they do turn up.
>

> Regards,
> David Bolt

Just maintenance on the data center power supply...

--
Cheers Malcolm ��� (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.32.13-0.4-default

From: David Bolt on
On Saturday 10 Jul 2010 14:10, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
Malcolm painted this mural:

> On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 13:45:41 +0100
> David Bolt <blacklist-me(a)davjam.org> wrote:

>> Wonder if that buildservice move will reduce the number of bad build
>> hosts. I don't see them very often, but it can be a little frustrating
>> when they do turn up.
>>

>> Regards,
>> David Bolt
>>
> Just maintenance on the data center power supply...

Not just for the power supply. From the bottom of the page:

<quote>
Detailed information

As our infrastructure vendor needs the time for maintenance of the main power supply, we
want to use this time to run normal maintenance updates on all machines and network
switches. Additionally, we will try to proceed with the move to virtual machines on a
high availability solution.

The source backend of the Build Service will be moved to the final storage now,
duplicating the available space for sources. As this includes a restart of the
schedulers, the scheduled downtime is a bit longer.
</quote>

I'm hoping that the move will help, although a little doubtful that it will.

Regards,
David Bolt

From: Rajko M. on
David Bolt wrote:

> I'm hoping that the move will help, although a little doubtful that it
> will.

Not if I decide to learn how package stuff :)

We needed something like 2-3 years to fill up current storage, so with
doubling it should be easy to cover a year or so :)

--
Regards Rajko,
From: mjt on
On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 12:52:15 +0200
houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:

> http://en.opensuse.org/Downtime/2010-07-10
> Darn and I wanted to do so much today and software.opensuse.org is not
> available. :-/

Well, it's 16:25 CET, so they should be
back online in another 2.5 hours :)

--
"I couldn't remember when I had been so disappointed. Except perhaps
the time I found out that M&Ms really *do* melt in your hand ..."

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: sax2 replacement?
Next: Maintaining multiple machines