From: mjt on
On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 16:17:15 +0200
houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:

> Just though I would share this nice piece of software. Pitty it is not
> available on the buold service. (HINT!)

It is found in two projects, but they are both
for older versions of cssh, the most current:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/pheinlein/openSUSE_Factory/

--
It is only the great men who are truly obscene. If they had
not dared to be obscene, they could never have dared to be great.

From: mjt on
On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 20:23:45 +0200
houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:

> mjt wrote:
> > On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 16:17:15 +0200
> > houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> Just though I would share this nice piece of software. Pitty it is
> >> not available on the buold service. (HINT!)
> >
> > It is found in two projects, but they are both
> > for older versions of cssh, the most current:
> > http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/pheinlein/openSUSE_Factory/
>
> Mmm. When I look for cssh on software.opensuse.org it does
> not find it.

I searched here: https://build.opensuse.org/search
(search term: cssh ... be sure 'name', 'title', 'description'
are all selected for "Search in")

> That was what I was looking for. Apparently it is called clusterssh
> and not cssh.
> Also not available for 11.3 (yet?)

Nope.

--
I fell asleep reading a dull book, and I dreamt that I was reading on,
so I woke up from sheer boredom.

From: David Bolt on
On Sunday 11 Jul 2010 15:17, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
houghi painted this mural:

> Some people have more then one machine. To keep them all the same, there
> are several tools. One of them I just found is cssh
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/clusterssh/

Now that's useful.

> What this will do is do the IDENTICAL stuff on different machines. To
> install it, you need to first install perl-Tk and perl-X11-Protocol.
> Look them up on software.opensuse.org as the second one is not available
> in the standard installation.

So when you search for it, make sure you enable the home projects by
enabling them under the search options.

> Download it, untar it, then do a ./configure and make. You can do a
> `make install` but I just moved src/cssh to ~/bin/.

That must be an older version. The new v4.00 series are perl based and
use Build.PL to build, test and install.

> Just though I would share this nice piece of software. Pitty it is not
> available on the buold service. (HINT!)

It's not[0]? I can find 3 versions.

[0] Well, you're right about it not being available for SLED 10 :-)

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net
| | openSUSE 11.3RC2 32b |

From: David Bolt on
On Sunday 11 Jul 2010 19:23, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
houghi painted this mural:

> mjt wrote:
>> On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 16:17:15 +0200
>> houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> Just though I would share this nice piece of software. Pitty it is not
>>> available on the buold service. (HINT!)
>>
>> It is found in two projects, but they are both
>> for older versions of cssh, the most current:
>> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/pheinlein/openSUSE_Factory/
>
> Mmm. When I look for cssh on software.opensuse.org it does not find it.

If you look for clusterssh, you should find it. Don't forget to enable
searching of home projects.

> That was what I was looking for. Apparently it is called clusterssh and
> not cssh. Also not available for 11.3 (yet?)

Erm...

Regards,
David Bolt

From: Günther Schwarz on
houghi wrote:

> Some people have more then one machine. To keep them all the same, there
> are several tools. One of them I just found is cssh
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/clusterssh/

Another one is cfengine. Just for the records.

Günther
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Servers down