From: DS on
found my problem !

one of those renegade MEAN_AND_LEAN directives hidden in one of the headers

thanks for all the help

From: Gary Chanson on

"DS" <ikoonman(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> by suspending the primary thread of an app you can temporarily suspend an
> app if you have sufficient rights, or so i am told

Not true. You might succeed in halting the program's UI if it is handled
by the primary thread. Any other threads in the process will continue to
execute. To halt all threads, you need to enumerate the threads and halt each
one.

--
-GJC [MS Windows SDK MVP]
-Software Consultant (Embedded systems and Real Time Controls)

From: TC on
Uh, why do you want to suspend the app?

TC

From: DS on
i am developing a custom build firewall app......

From: TC on
So - why do you want to suspend it?

TC