From: Jeffery B Paarsa on
Hello,

4th line of my email has a link to a pdf file. How can I start pdf on this
link when the email arrives.
--
Jeff B Paarsa
From: VanguardLH on
Jeffery B Paarsa wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 4th line of my email has a link to a pdf file. How can I start pdf on this
> link when the email arrives.

Click on the link. Of course, you'll have to install a program that
handles PDF files. Outlook is not a PDF viewer.
From: Jeffery B Paarsa on
Hi,

I know how to click and open a PDF etc... I want to do this as an automation
via Alert and Rules of Outlook so I can run a program in background so I can
selectively preprocess these emails.

--
Jeff B Paarsa

From: VanguardLH on
Jeffery B Paarsa wrote:

> I know how to click and open a PDF etc... I want to do this as an automation
> via Alert and Rules of Outlook so I can run a program in background so I can
> selectively preprocess these emails.

If you want to scan through your e-mails and have every link to a .pdf
file opened in a new window then you'll have to write your own macro or
VBA script (to use in the "perform a <custom action>" clause in a rule)
or find an add-on that does that for you.