From: Pat on
Hi,

Sorry I can't help you with a solution, but just to let you know you are not alone

I currently have the annoying semi tramsparent 'Options ,,,' text left on my screen by Windows Movie Maker ;-(

I'm also using Windows XP Professional

After reading through around 200 Google search results, I was grateful to find your post, proving I was not the only person experiencing this problem

So I'll try rebooting to get rid of this annoying image. Thanks for the 'solution'

If you received any real solution let me know

Thanks anyway,

Pat.

DavidHaze wrote:

Why does my Movie Maker hang when Tools>Options... is selected?
10-Feb-09

I have a strange problem with Movie Maker. If I start it up, then select
Tools>Options..., Movie Maker immediately hangs. What is more, the
highlighted "Options..." menu option remains on the screen, semi-transparent,
forever until I reboot my system. It stays there even if I kill Movie Maker
by forcing Explorer to close it, or by using the Task Manager to kill it. I
have never been able to get Movie Maker to work properly on this system.

I am using Windows Movie Maker version 5.1 (except that it also says version
2.1.4026.0), on Windows XP Professional Version 2002, SP3. My system is an
Acer Extensa E210 with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ and
768MB of RAM.

Any suggestions as to what might be the problem? Has anyone else seen this
particular problem?

On Tuesday, February 10, 2009 5:40 PM
DavidHaze wrote:

[...]

On Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:54 PM
John Inzer wrote:

Re: Why does my Movie Maker hang when Tools>Options... is selected?
David Hazel wrote:
===========================
My first suspicion would be that you may have an
issue with your Video Driver.

Try reducing your Graphics Hardware Acceleration
as per the instructions in the following article.

(272193) PI: How to Troubleshoot
Graphics Issues
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272193
(scroll down to:
Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows XP)

If it improves the issue, you need to search the
support website of your Video adapter's mfg. for
an updated video driver.

In either case...be sure to return Acceleration
to full.

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Send Mouse Click To Desktop Thru Transparent Form
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/8638f559-aa36-44f4-a3d4-6d11b904c99c/send-mouse-click-to-deskt.aspx