From: Steve JORDI on
You can import QIF files to ANY account, but you must first
edit them to change the header.
It's a trick as a workaround.

I guess that you need this in order to be able to import your QIF
files into all of your accounts in Quicken.
This latter refuses to do so for saving, checking, credit card
accounts etc. Isn't it?

If I'm correct, qfx is a licensed format from Intuit and you have to
pay $$$ if you want the specifications.

The workaround to still be able to work with QIF files is to simply
modify their headers.

ADD The Following to the HEAD of the QIF file

The date format of each transaction should also be MM/DD/YYYY

As an example, if you have an account called "My American Express
Gold" that would give
!Account
NMy American Express Gold
TCCard
^

Or a bank account called "My savings"
!Account
NMy savings
TBank
^

For the type next to the "T" you have the following options:
Bank, CCard, or Invst

Next to the "N" you add your account name

Actually you even can be more detailed by adding extra information:
Field Indicator Explanation
N Name
T Account type (Bank, CCard, Invst)
L Credit limit (for credit cards)
D Description
^ End of entry

Hope that this helps.

Sincerely,
Steve JORDI

(Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address)
1197 Prangins Email: stevejordiK_I_L_LSPAM(a)hotmail.com
Switzerland WWW: www.sjordi.com
Volcanoes at www.sjordi.com/volcanoes
MovieDB at www.sjmoviedb.com