From: Vince Coen on
Hello Vince!

17 Mar 10 18:36, I wrote to All:

VC> Does anyone know if there is pro*cobol available on one of the free
VC> Oracle 11g (or later) variants.

VC> I would like to play with it with Open Cobol (if poss) and may be
VC> rework generated results to operate with Mysql.

VC> I downloaded cobolcompiler-sources/oracle-xe-10.2.0.1-1.0.i386.rpm

VC> but its hard to see what is included!

Looking at the responses to this question, I guess none of you use Oracle with
Pro*Cobol, thanks for your time anyway.

Vince

From: mainframezen on
On Mar 24, 7:33 am, "Vince Coen" <VBCoenDesp...(a)btconnect.com> wrote:
> Hello Vince!
>
> 17 Mar 10 18:36, I wrote to All:
>
>  VC> Does anyone know if there is pro*cobol available on one of the free
>  VC> Oracle 11g (or later)  variants.
>
>  VC> I would like to play with it with Open Cobol (if poss) and may be
>  VC> rework generated results to operate with Mysql.
>
>  VC> I downloaded cobolcompiler-sources/oracle-xe-10.2.0.1-1.0.i386.rpm
>
>  VC> but its hard to see what is included!
>
> Looking at the responses to this question, I guess none of you use Oracle with
> Pro*Cobol, thanks for your time anyway.
>
> Vince

Hello Vince,

AFAIK Oracle XE does not include Pro*COBOL.
You must install Oracle client for 10 or 11.
Have you tried www.cobol-it.com?

What is your motivation?

Cheers
From: Vince Coen on
Hello mainframezen!

31 Mar 10 11:15, mainframezen wrote to All:

>> 17 Mar 10 18:36, I wrote to All:
>>
>> �VC> Does anyone know if there is pro*cobol available on one of the
>> =A0VC> free Oracle 11g (or later) �variants.
>>
>> �VC> I would like to play with it with Open Cobol (if poss) and may
>> =A0VC> be rework generated results to operate with Mysql.
>>
>> �VC> I downloaded
>> =A0VC> cobolcompiler-sources/oracle-xe-10.2.0.1-1.0.i386.rpm
>>
>> �VC> but its hard to see what is included!
>>
>> Looking at the responses to this question, I guess none of you use
>> Oracle with Pro*Cobol, thanks for your time anyway.

m> AFAIK Oracle XE does not include Pro*COBOL.
m> You must install Oracle client for 10 or 11.
m> Have you tried www.cobol-it.com?

m> What is your motivation?

I wish to link in access to Mysql and later Oracle using standard procedures
via EXEC etc. I was hoping it would not take a large effort as the application
source code has been made open source.

Using Cobol-IT is not really an option as they do not provide the source code
to their binaries but only to the original code and yes they are breaking the
GPL license.

Vince