From: Steve Terry on

Orange have announced that Line 2 for existing customers ends August 18th

The future's bright, the future's any other than FT Orange

Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

From: JL on
On 8 July, 09:51, Chris <m...(a)privacy.net> wrote:
> Steve Terry <gfour...(a)tesco.net> wrote:
>
> > Orange have announced that Line 2 for existing customers ends August 18th
>
> > The future's bright, the future's any other than FT Orange
>
> Wow that sucks.
> Is there any good reason *why* they discontinue the service at all?
> The only thing I could imaging is that Orange is merging UK and FR
> networks, and as the service is not available in FR its probably easier
> to discontinue it rather than implementing it in the french networtk.
> However, I wonder if they will discontinue other PCS features like
> mailbox notifications (Orange(FR) uses normal SMS) as well.
> How does the "Personal Line"[1] perform compared to Line2?
> Does it allow seperate ringtones for each line to distinguish incoming
> calls?
> Cheers,
>  Chris
>
> [1]http://business.orange.co.uk/home/corporate/products-and-services/ser....
> --
> Linux is great for calculating how much hemp-based tofu it might take to fill
> your bio-gas-powered eco-dome, but for all serious jobs you need a serious
> operating system such as Microsoft Windows.
> <http://shelleytherepublican.com>

I'd say it probably has more to do with EverythingEverywhere - the T-
Mobile/Orange merger than anything to do with Orange France.

Maybe this may be the 'go live' date for roaming??

AFAIK the Personal Line is a SIM application accessed via the 'Orange
Plus' menu. I guess it does what most Line 2 customers would need but
as it isn't handset controlled I assume there would not be separate
ring tones. Never used it though so can't say for sure!

From: Jim Stewart ... on

"Steve Terry" <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> wrote in message

> Orange have announced that Line 2 for existing customers ends August 18th
>
> The future's bright, the future's any other than FT Orange
>
> Steve Terry

3 then?...no free voice mail any more ? .......

From: Steve Terry on
"Jim Stewart ..." <james.stewart497(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> "Steve Terry" <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Orange have announced that Line 2 for existing customers ends August 18th
>> The future's bright, the future's any other than FT Orange
>> Steve Terry
>
> 3 then?...no free voice mail any more ? .......

There is on Three contract, and you can still get Three Zero monthly.

Orange PAYG doesn't have free Voicemail either, but both
Three and Orange PAYG voicemail can be called from another phone

AFAIK Lycamobile 075 on Orange, does still have free Voicemail

Steve Terry

From: Woody on
"Jim Stewart ..." <james.stewart497(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in
message news:i176b7$9po$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...

> "Steve Terry" <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Orange have announced that Line 2 for existing customers ends
>> August 18th

Note that is only for commercial users, not business.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

 |  Next  |  Last