From: Yann on
>> And the memory is all most filled with programs and data :-)

If you have some memory capacity issue,
you could be interested in Stacker4x
(http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=7087)
which helps you use your data directly in compressed format.
From: John H Meyers on
On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 23:28:11 -0500, Henning Jensen wrote:

> How do you organize your files and directories on the HP50/49g+?

I keep more than 100 of my commonly used "utility" programs
in HOME, so that these can be invoked by name at any time,
then I have a number of subdirectories,
organizing things for various purposes.

Each directory can contain its own CUSTOM menu ('CST'),
its own "Vectored Enter" functions, and even its own
dedicated library, "attached" only to that directory.

You can even create a new directory at any moment,
say to solve an equation in its own independent directory,
then either purge that temporary directory or do CLVAR
when you are done with solving, for easiest "cleanup"
of the variables created just for solving.

I also "hide" everything in HOME except my own lower directories,
so that only these directories are seen in my VAR menu,
but this is of course an unnecessarily fanatical, optional thing.

Information about "variable hiders" may be found in:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/msg/3af72dde7150a634

[r->] [OFF]
From: Henning Jensen on
On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 08:18:15 -0500, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>I keep more than 100 of my commonly used "utility" programs
>in HOME, so that these can be invoked by name at any time,
>then I have a number of subdirectories,
>organizing things for various purposes.
>
>Each directory can contain its own CUSTOM menu ('CST'),
>its own "Vectored Enter" functions, and even its own
>dedicated library, "attached" only to that directory.

That's another (and I guess better) way of doing it. Thanks John!

>You can even create a new directory at any moment,
>say to solve an equation in its own independent directory,
>then either purge that temporary directory or do CLVAR

I will have a more closely look on your link (and many follow links)
below, Which will take me some time :) . But could you please give a
example of this quick directory making?

>Information about "variable hiders" may be found in:
>http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/msg/3af72dde7150a634
Regards
Henning.
Please Remove in E-mail when used directly: hen-jens(a)mail.REMOVEtele.dk.
From: Henning Jensen on
On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 05:05:46 -0700 (PDT), Yann <kdo4973(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>If you have some memory capacity issue,
>you could be interested in Stacker4x
>(http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=7087)
>which helps you use your data directly in compressed format.

Thank's. Does you have any experiences with this Stacker4? Amount of
compression of say LIB- and programs-files?

From: Yann on

> Thank's. Does you have any experiences with this Stacker4? Amount of
> compression of say LIB- and programs-files?

Stacker4x is about 2KB in size.
It can be installed into any port (0,1,2,...) so even these 2KB can be
saved if you have a free extension port.

The compression rate is about 30%, of course it depends on file (the
bigger, the better...).

Best way to start is to do a zDIR from HOME (or a subdirectory if you
want to test first).
It will automatically convert your data in compressed format.
Conversely, if you want to uninstall the library, you just have to do
a uDIR from HOME to restore all files in original format.

While installed, all data on the calculator will behave as normal
data, wether they are compressed or not, because they uncompress
themselves on the fly.

Regards