From: Nurse Dragonbreath on
Hi!, I just go my hp50g and I'm wondering: if I have a big integer or
some big string without line breaks, which is too long to view on a
single line, is there some function that will display it on several
lines?
From: Jacob Wall on
On Sep 19, 9:54 am, Nurse Dragonbreath <torgau...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!, I just go my hp50g and I'm wondering: if I have a big integer or
> some big string without line breaks,  which is too long to view on a
> single line, is there some function that will display it on several
> lines?

I am not aware of a command that will do what you're asking, however
you can always write your own program to format a string to 22
character lines.

The program below takes a string and SUBs 22 characters at a time,
appends the newline character (10 CHR), creating a string with no
lines longer than 22 characters:

\<< DUP \-> string
\<< SIZE DUP 22. >
IF
THEN 1. SWAP "" UNROT
FOR i string i DUP 21. + SUB + 10. CHR + 22.
STEP
ELSE DROP string
END
\>>
\>>

Jacob
From: John H Meyers on
On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 11:54:12 -0500:

> I just go my hp50g and I'm wondering: if I have a big integer
> or some big string without line breaks,
> which is too long to view on a single line,
> is there some function that will display it on several lines?

"Displaying with line-wrap" [on HP49/50 series]
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/msg/40a94cf78e0297b3

"Page by page viewer for all HP48/49/50"
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/msg/592b8e76b2cbf70e

The first scrolls line by line;
the second scrolls page by page.

[r->] [OFF]
From: Nurse Dragonbreath on
On 19 Sep, 21:51, "John H Meyers" <jhmey...(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 11:54:12 -0500:
>
> > I just go my hp50g and I'm wondering: if I have a big integer
> > or some big string without line breaks,
> > which is too long to view on a single line,
> > is there some function that will display it on several lines?
>
> "Displaying with line-wrap" [on HP49/50 series]http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/msg/40a94cf78e0297b3
>
> "Page by page viewer for all HP48/49/50"http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/msg/592b8e76b2cbf70e
>
> The first scrolls line by line;
> the second scrolls page by page.
>
> [r->] [OFF]

Thanks to both of you!
From: PeterW on
On 20 Sep., 03:23, Nurse Dragonbreath <torgau...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > > which is too long to view on a single line,
> > > is there some function that will display it on several lines?

I have not got a solution to this problem, but there is a solution
to paste such long lines e.g. into a word document:
convert the line to a GROB by 0, ENTER, ->GROB.
Save the GROB to your pc and use NCONVERT (google
is your friend) to convert it into an jpg. Now you can paste
it e.g. into a word document.

This is a little complicated but it works to make documentations
about solving mathematical exercises. If somebody has a better
solution, please post it.

Best Regards,
Peter