From: TD on
I recently purchased Office Prof 2007 and when I email my word docs and excel
docs to other users they cannot open them, Is there something I can do so
they can access them?
--
Cheers..
From: garfield-n-odie [MVP] on
..docx is the new Word 2007 file format, and .xlsx is the new Excel 2007
file format. If your email recipients don't have Office 2007 yet, then
you should "save as" to the Word 97-2003 .doc or Excel 97-2003 .xls
format, or your email recipients can install the Office 2007
compatibility pack as described in
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=923505 "How to install the Microsoft
Office Compatibility Pack so that you can use earlier versions of Excel,
PowerPoint, and Word to open and to save files from 2007 Office programs".

From: TD on
Oh derr.. that didnt even occur to me.. Cheers for that!! I suppose I just
assumed that its all microsoft - they should be automatically compatible..
Most appreciated!
--
Cheers..

From: Bob I on
But please remember that Office 2007 documents did not exist when Office
2003 was designed!

TD wrote:

> Oh derr.. that didnt even occur to me.. Cheers for that!! I suppose I just
> assumed that its all microsoft - they should be automatically compatible..
> Most appreciated!

Pages: 1
Prev: Excel 2007
Next: Outlook script permission error