From: Bob Barrows [MVP] on
Ronald wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Sometimes I am getting the errormessage "Out of string space ". The
> error occurs on this code:
>
> sBrf = sBrf & sBodyTmp & "\par \page \par "
>
> When this occurs len(sBrf)<100.000 and len(sBodyTmp)<10.000.
>
> Also there is about 1,5gb fysical memory free.
>
> I am using Windows 2000 IIS5.
>
> I tried isolating the proces in IIS to make sure no other scripts are
> involved, but it doesn't help.
>
> Does anyone has any ideas of what is wrong here?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ronald

Here are some google results that may help:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/vserroutofstringspace.asp
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2003-36,GGLD:en&q=%22Out+of+string+space%22

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

From: Patrice on
IMO should work from the fragment of code you gave here. Don't you have an
array or something in some other part ?

As a side note you could likely optimize by editing "in place" using a big
pre allocated string or by using a temporary file...

Patrice

From: Ronald on
There is no single array in the scripfile at all.

From: Patrice on
And you are not using other strings in the other parts of your script ?
Posting the minimal amount of code that exhibits the problem may help.

Patrice