From: Ronald on
Hi there!

Sometimes I am getting the errormessage "Out of string space ". The error
occurs on this code:

sBrf = sBrf & sBodyTmp & "\par \page \par "

When this occurs len(sBrf)<100.000 and len(sBodyTmp)<10.000.

Also there is about 1,5gb fysical memory free.

I am using Windows 2000 IIS5.

I tried isolating the proces in IIS to make sure no other scripts are
involved, but it doesn't help.

Does anyone has any ideas of what is wrong here?

Regards,

Ronald

From: G�rard Leclercq on
100.000 do you mean 100000
and 10000 or 100,000 ??

From: Ronald on
yes.

100000 and 10000

From: G�rard Leclercq on

I believe string are ltd to 64 KB. Not Sure

From: Bob Barrows [MVP] on
Gýrard Leclercq wrote:
> I believe string are ltd to 64 KB. Not Sure

That is definitely wrong. A string " ... can be up to approximately 2
billion characters in length." (from the vbscript Usre's guide in the online
documentation).

To the OP, we need a little more context to figure out what is going on. Can
you post a small repro script to allow us to see the problem occurring? We
don't want to see ALL of your code, just enough to allow us to reproduce
your symptoms.

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET