From: officemail on
I have Office 2000 on Windows 7 home premium operating system working okay,
even contacts, until I added and account (POP3) so I could send and receive
e-mail from Outlook. Incoming mail works fine into inbox, but cannot send
thru Outbox, error is error occured while attempting to oppen windows address
book. Unable to find WAP DLL. Same message now when attempting to add new
contact. Any suggestions appreciated
--
outlook 2000 user
From: Orland, Kathleen on
Try creating that account in Workgroup/Corporate mode instead. Outlook 2000
is 10 years old and not supported anymore. Vista and Windows 7 don't even
run it well, if at all, and versions of Outlook older than 2003 aren't
recommended.

The Windows Address Book is not even used anymore by new operating systems.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"officemail" <officemail(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I have Office 2000 on Windows 7 home premium operating system working okay,
> even contacts, until I added and account (POP3) so I could send and receive
> e-mail from Outlook. Incoming mail works fine into inbox, but cannot send
> thru Outbox, error is error occured while attempting to oppen windows
> address
> book. Unable to find WAP DLL. Same message now when attempting to add new
> contact. Any suggestions appreciated

Outlook 2000 is not compatible with either Vista or Windows 7. It MAY work if
you convert to Corporate/Workgroup mode instead of Internet Mail Only mode,
but it's likely you'll see other side-effects. You may also find this works:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista_wab.htm

You really need at least Outlook 2003 if you're going to use Windows 7.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Peter Foldes on
See the following. Applies to Windows 7 also
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm
--
Peter

From: officemail on
The suggestion by Mr. Tillman did work after changing to workgroup and
rebooting the systme, able to send through outbox. Thanks
--
outlook 2000 user

"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> "officemail" <officemail(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> >I have Office 2000 on Windows 7 home premium operating system working okay,
> > even contacts, until I added and account (POP3) so I could send and receive
> > e-mail from Outlook. Incoming mail works fine into inbox, but cannot send
> > thru Outbox, error is error occured while attempting to oppen windows
> > address
> > book. Unable to find WAP DLL. Same message now when attempting to add new
> > contact. Any suggestions appreciated
>
> Outlook 2000 is not compatible with either Vista or Windows 7. It MAY work if
> you convert to Corporate/Workgroup mode instead of Internet Mail Only mode,
> but it's likely you'll see other side-effects. You may also find this works:
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista_wab.htm
>
> You really need at least Outlook 2003 if you're going to use Windows 7.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> .
>
 |  Next  |  Last