From: chester on
get the following error when double clicking a slideshow in Outlook:
Procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the
dynamic link library. PSAPI.DLL
Originally I thought it could be a problem with PowerPoint 2007 so I had
Unistalled the Office suite and reinstalled it however the problem still
arised. Even repairing the Office suite did not help. I tried using the sfc
/scannow but to no avale. I also tried renaming the PSAPI.DLL to PSAPIOLD.DLL
rebooted the machine and then it created a new PSAPI.DLL file. Still the
error arises. Then I had tried reparing the OS which also did not work and
then upgraded the SP to SP3 frm SP2 and guess what it still did not work. I
then checked to see if saving the slideshow on the local machine would do the
same thing and the error did not come up but it still doesn't resolve my
issue. Any body have any advise for me as I am completely dumbstruck as on
what to do next.
From: Gordon on

"chester" <chester(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> get the following error when double clicking a slideshow in Outlook:
> Procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the
> dynamic link library. PSAPI.DLL
> Originally I thought it could be a problem with PowerPoint 2007 so I had
> Unistalled the Office suite and reinstalled it however the problem still
> arised. Even repairing the Office suite did not help. I tried using the
> sfc
> /scannow but to no avale. I also tried renaming the PSAPI.DLL to
> PSAPIOLD.DLL
> rebooted the machine and then it created a new PSAPI.DLL file. Still the
> error arises. Then I had tried reparing the OS which also did not work and
> then upgraded the SP to SP3 frm SP2 and guess what it still did not work.
> then checked to see if saving the slideshow on the local machine would do
> the
> same thing and the error did not come up but it still doesn't resolve my
> issue. Any body have any advise for me as I am completely dumbstruck as on
> what to do next.

Do you use Verizon as broadband possibly?

Pages: 1
Prev: Outlook 2000
Next: Outlook email reminders