From: Annie on
I have a Vista machine with 2003 Office. When I try to open Outlook, I get a
message saying, "Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working." Here are the
details:
Prob Event Name: APPCRASH
App Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
Version: 11.0.8169.0
App Timestamp: 465f28e3
Fault Module Name: mso.dll
Fault Module Version: 11.0.8172.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 46771b00
Exception Code: c0000005
I end up having to start Outlook in Safe Mode. About a week ago I received
an Outlook error having to do with Add-Ins. I have no add-ins marked in
Outlook. I've tried reinstalling Office as well as repairing but I can't
seem to get it to work right. Working in Safe Mode is fine, but I'd like to
have original functionality back.
Any suggestions?

From: Brian Tillman on
Annie <Annie(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a Vista machine with 2003 Office. When I try to open Outlook,
> I get a message saying, "Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped
> working." Here are the details:
> Prob Event Name: APPCRASH
> App Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
> Version: 11.0.8169.0
> App Timestamp: 465f28e3
> Fault Module Name: mso.dll
> Fault Module Version: 11.0.8172.0
> Fault Module Timestamp: 46771b00
> Exception Code: c0000005
> I end up having to start Outlook in Safe Mode. About a week ago I
> received an Outlook error having to do with Add-Ins. I have no
> add-ins marked in Outlook. I've tried reinstalling Office as well as
> repairing but I can't seem to get it to work right. Working in Safe
> Mode is fine, but I'd like to have original functionality back.
> Any suggestions?

With OPutlook closed, try deleting the file
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Outlook\extend.dat
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]