From: Patty on
I try to open my outlook and it gives me:

Cannot expand the floder. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file G:\
**** is not a personal folders file.

I know that there is a command that you place on the run mode of the
computer and it fixes the problem, but I cannot find my note of the last time
a person on this chat help me, could anyone help? thanks.
From: neo [mvp outlook] on
/cleanpst will start Outlook with a brand new .PST file.

However, why not just go thru the mail applet in the control panel to see if
you can remove the offending data file reference to a PST file located on
the "G:" drive. (Note: I'm assuming that you do have other PST file(s)
located on another drive (e.g. C:) that you still want to use and that
starting /cleanpst might be a bit extreme.)

From: Patty on

Thanks. I do have a file on an external hard dirve that I have to access,
since this is my archive file, outlokk starts, the personal folder works but
when I try to access the archive folder where I regularly store my files is
when I get the error message, so this is is the issue that I once had and
resolved and I would likle to be able to correct now, without loosing the
data on that hard dirve, the last time it was very easy but I made the
mistake of not writting the instructions, could you help? thank you.

From: neo [mvp outlook] on
Ah, make a copy fo the offending .PST file and then run the inbox repair
tool against it. The inbox repair tool is scanpst.exe and it located under
\program files\common files if running a later version of Outlook.

From: Patty on
I did it already and now when I click on the archive icon on outlook it does
not bring the files from G:, so when I go dirently to that file in G: and
click on it to be opened with outlook it states:

The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using.
thanks.