From: kgem on
When I want to turn off the Out of Office Assistant, I want the 'Out of
Office auto-replies are on' pop up message to appear until I want to turn it
off. I guess I need that big obvious sign that says 'Turn this off!'. Is
this possible?
From: jeff j jeff on
If the OOO Asst. is set to on and Outlook is not open, Outlook will pop up a
message saying "Out of Office is currently on. Would you like to turn it
off?" when you re-open Outlook. Otherwise as far as I know there is no way to
have Outlook remind you at certain intervals that you OOO Asst. is on. Do you
leave your PC on and your Outlook open all the time? If you do, you might get
into the habit of shutting down Outlook at the end of each day.

From: kgem on
I don't believe that message appears in Office 2007 version. I'm really
asking this for my boss. Here is the scenario: he comes in, turns on the
PC, gets coffee, comes back and the 'Out of Office auto-replies are on' pop
up message has disappeared because he left his desk while it was booting up.
The only item appearing is a small bar at the bottom right corner of Outlook
saying 'Out of Office'. Like I said before, he needs a huge sign or
something obvious telling him to turn off his OOO. I guess i could place a
sticky note on his monitor to remind him but what would he do without me? ;)

From: jeff j on
How about setting a recurring appointment for whenever he starts his day that
says "Turn off your Out of Office Assistant"? You could set this to recur
every weekday until the end of time. If he has speakers hooked up, you could
even associate a particular sound with it.