From: Scott on
Hello,

I am looking for some assistance with a unusual problem with Outlook 2003
please.

I am running Outlook 2003 on HP Media Centre with XP SP3. All fully updated
and running normally. Antvirus is Eset.

Until..... now when I launch Outlook the PF Usage in the Windows task
manager goes up to 2.3Gb and beyond. Outlook is very slow to launch and the
whole PC slows to a halt.

Once Outlook is up and running (3-5 mins approx) I get two error messages -
the first "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some
reminders may not appear. The server is not available. Contact your admin if
this persists."

The second message relates to the send and receive box. Within this box the
error message reads "Task 'pop.xxxxxxxx.com - Sending' reported error
(0x80040119) unknown error 0x80040119.

When I have searched this error code it advised to run the file checker
which I have done and this does not resolve the issue. I have also tried the
Outlook built in repair tool, and spent hours scanning the knowledge base etc
but I cannot find an appropiate solution.

I am on the verge of uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook, but thought I
would try the community to see if any bright spark had the solution!

Many thanks.

Scott