From: steverap on

This problem started a few days ago: whenever I did a Send/Receive, I
could send and receive email, but I got an "Unknown Error 0x80040201"
error message. Then, after a few days of that, I could no longer send
and receive email at all. I uninstalled Norton Anti-Virus which
returned Outlook to the earlier state: I was able to send and receive
email, but I get the "Unknown Error 0x80040201" error message.

Any ideas?

Steve

--
steverap
steverap's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=5185

From: Brian Tillman on
steverap <steverap.1vm7l0(a)no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote:

> This problem started a few days ago: whenever I did a Send/Receive, I
> could send and receive email, but I got an "Unknown Error 0x80040201"
> error message. Then, after a few days of that, I could no longer send
> and receive email at all. I uninstalled Norton Anti-Virus which
> returned Outlook to the earlier state: I was able to send and receive
> email, but I get the "Unknown Error 0x80040201" error message.

See if one of these articles helps:
http://www.google.com/search?q=0x80040201
--
Brian Tillman
From: steverap on

I checked the links but no one appears to have been able to solve this
problem - anyone else have any ideas?

From: Christian Goeller on
steverap, you wrote on Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:16:01 -0500:

> I checked the links but no one appears to have been able to solve this
> problem - anyone else have any ideas?

Creating a new profile should solve this problem.

Control Panel | Mail | Show Profiles

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller
From: steverap on

Thanks, Christian, you solved my problem! Actually, I created another
profile in Outlook and loaded it, but didn't have to use it because
when I reverted to my original profile, the Send/Receive problem was
gone, so I removed the second profile I'd created. Thanks again :-)!

Steve