From: Beverly Howard on
I haven't looked at it for a while, but you might take a look at goosync
to see what their options are... paid service, but may be worth it if it
fits your needs... I do know that google calendar supports multiple
calendars, and goosync states that they handle them.

http://www.goosync.com/

Beverly Howard
From: RandomEvents on
On Nov 10, 8:18 am, "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]"
<tillman1...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> "RandomEvents" <ross.philli...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I used this option before I upgraded to Windows 7 & Outlook 2007.  Do
> > you know of an option for this setup?
>
> If yo used Chapura Pocket Mirror before the upgrade, why can't you use it
> afterward?  Did you check Chapura's web site to see if you need an update?
> Have you installed Windows Mobile Device Center?http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/devi...
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian,
Only because I'm getting sick of the MVP non coders piping in with
holier than thou advice, without actually checking to see if their
advice is actually valid in the first place, I'm respectfully going to
tell you to shove it whichever pie hole is putting out the most brown
today. And why? Chapura has switched over to a Palm centric
platform for quite some time, as software development cycles go, and
Microsoft hasn't updated their anti multiple calendar philosophy since
the days of Activesync. Did you even read what I put down into
various bits and bytes? "I used this option before I upgraded to
Windows 7 & Outlook 2007", there is no other option at the moment
besides WMDC.

Huh, "WMD"c, i just got that.

cheers
-Phil
From: RandomEvents on
On Nov 10, 10:34 am, Beverly Howard <B...(a)NoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote:
> I haven't looked at it for a while, but you might take a look at goosync
> to see what their options are... paid service, but may be worth it if it
> fits your needs... I do know that google calendar supports multiple
> calendars, and goosync states that they handle them.
>
> http://www.goosync.com/
>
> Beverly Howard

Beverly,
Thanks for the heads up, but it doesn't quite fit for the setup i have
at home -: OfficeCalender in place of an exchange server for a small
home network, multiple calendars per user, each with a WinMobile 5 ->
6.1 (but really only looking for 6.0+).... that and well, i'm afraid
of the cloud after losing 2 gmail accounts.

-Phil
From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on
"RandomEvents" <ross.phillip.m(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> Only because I'm getting sick of the MVP non coders piping in with
> holier than thou advice, without actually checking to see if their
> advice is actually valid in the first place

It's not my job to keep track of the obsolecence of whatever software you use.
It seems stupid to me to update your environment without first making sure
everytyhing will work after the upgrade. I also don't understand the "non
coders" reference. This newsgroup isn't for asking coding questions, so
there's no relevance to coding references.

On top of that, it seems to me your beef is with "Mark", since he's the one
who suggested PocketMirror. I was merely asking if you had checked with
Chapura, since you said you had used the product before. I certainly can't
know what you've investigated and what you've not, since I'm not clairvoyant.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: RandomEvents on
Brian,
The issue is that you gave advice without checking to make sure your
advice was actually valid in the first place. And all you've done
since then, is give excuses for why you didn't have to fact check your
own advice before giving it out. It's common sense, and actually more
than a little helpful for people that are asking for help. As for the
"non coders" qualifier, I only bring it up, since the MVP's that
aren't programmers tend to do this shotgun method of advice giving,
hoping that something sticks. Newsgroups, message boards, and forums
are filled with people like yourself, just taking up space, and not
helping the people that asked for help in the first place.

Mark, i had no issue with, he gave helpful advice, my query to him,
was only wondering if he had encountered the same situation.

Ha! Nothing is perfect after changing one's environment. You take
the good with the bad, and hope you can make things work.

Think about what you say, before you say it.

Cheers,
-Phil