From: Beverly Howard on
>> you gave advice without checking to make sure your advice was
actually valid in the first place <<

I submit that while your complaint would be valid if you were paying for
the advice, or the responder was being paid to give advice (mvp's are
not paid) but, imho, in this case, the appropriate response would have
been to simply ignore the response or to make a correction... it was not
posted in order to irritate you as was the obvious purpose of your response.

Respectfully, but sincerely,
Beverly Howard

From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on
"RandomEvents" <ross.phillip.m(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> The issue is that you gave advice without checking to make sure your
> advice was actually valid in the first place.

Ah. i see your error now. I didn't give advice, I asked a question.
Actually, i asked three. Try reading.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: RandomEvents on
On Nov 11, 2:50 pm, "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]"
<tillman1...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> "RandomEvents" <ross.philli...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > The issue is that you gave advice without checking to make sure your
> > advice was actually valid in the first place.
>
> Ah.  i see your error now.  I didn't give advice, I asked a question.
> Actually, i asked three.  Try reading.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian,
Heh, you got me, punctuation does make all the difference doesn't it?
I was wrong in my response, as I read your questions as statements.

Cheers,
Phil
From: RandomEvents on
On Nov 11, 11:52 am, Beverly Howard <B...(a)NoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote:
>  >> you gave advice without checking to make sure your advice was
> actually valid in the first place <<
>
> I submit that while your complaint would be valid if you were paying for
> the advice, or the responder was being paid to give advice (mvp's are
> not paid) but, imho, in this case, the appropriate response would have
> been to simply ignore the response or to make a correction... it was not
> posted in order to irritate you as was the obvious purpose of your response.
>
> Respectfully, but sincerely,
> Beverly Howard

Beverly,
My compliant would have been valid if, I had read his questions for
what they were, questions. That just kinda of makes me look like an
idiot. As for wanting advice or technical help to be useful whether
one pays for it or not, I think that's a goal that everyone should
strive for. It's the ignoring of the MVP's with empty advice that
kills threads and litters the internet with those threads of half
answered questions (I was looking for a network printer driver work
around before tackling this issue, hence the frustration). All that
being said, it seems simplest to mimic what Chapura did for XP and
Activesync, and write a program the replaces the calendar export
\import in Windows Mobile Device Center (I just don't know how robust
the API is for that compared to Activesync).

Cheers,
-Phil
From: Mark on

> On Oct 25, 5:52�pm, Mark <pho...(a)bogus.com> wrote:
>> "Nathan Sokalski" <njsokal...(a)hotmail.com> wrote in
>> news:etA34C4TKHA.3392 @TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:
>>
>> > I use ActiveSync to synchronize my Outlook 2003 and Windows Mobile
>> > 6 calendars. This works fine for my main calendar (labelled My
>> > Calendar i
>> > Outlook 2003), but the other calendars in Outlook 2003 (such as
>> > Birthda
>> > Calendar) do not get synchronized. Is there a way to tell Outlook
>> > 2003, ActiveSync, and/or Windows Mobile 6 (whichever ones are
>> > necessary) whic
>> > calendars to synchronize? Thanks.
>
> Mark,
> I used this option before I upgraded to Windows 7 & Outlook 2007. Do
> you know of an option for this setup?
>
> Phil

Phil
Only just checked back. I can't comment on Win7 and Outlook 2007 as I'm
still working happily with XP and Outlook 2003. Pocket Mirror V2.2.4
installs with ActiveSync 4.5 and Win Mobile 6.5 so I don't see why it
wouldnt be able to pull data from Ouitlook 2007. Why not give it a try?

Mark