From: Nathan Sokalski on
I use ActiveSync to synchronize my Outlook 2003 and Windows Mobile 6
calendars. This works fine for my main calendar (labelled My Calendar in
Outlook 2003), but the other calendars in Outlook 2003 (such as Birthday
Calendar) do not get synchronized. Is there a way to tell Outlook 2003,
ActiveSync, and/or Windows Mobile 6 (whichever ones are necessary) which
calendars to synchronize? Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski(a)hotmail.com

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
No, activesync does not support secondary calendars, only the default
calendar can be synced.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:

From: Mark on
"Nathan Sokalski" <njsokalski(a)hotmail.com> wrote in news:etA34C4TKHA.3392
@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:

> I use ActiveSync to synchronize my Outlook 2003 and Windows Mobile 6
> calendars. This works fine for my main calendar (labelled My Calendar in
> Outlook 2003), but the other calendars in Outlook 2003 (such as Birthday
> Calendar) do not get synchronized. Is there a way to tell Outlook 2003,
> ActiveSync, and/or Windows Mobile 6 (whichever ones are necessary) which
> calendars to synchronize? Thanks.

Both previous answers are only partly correct. ActiveSync can't cope with
more than one calendar but Chapura Pocket Mirror can sync any number of
calendars. It uses virtual Categories to do it and it works flawlessly.
The only downside is that on your mobile device all appointments appear in
one calendar with a category denoting which PC Outlook calendar it came
from. If you add a new entry on the mobile without a category it goes to
your default calendar on the PC, simply pick the appropriate category to
put it in a specific PC calendar.

HTH
Mark
From: RandomEvents on
On Oct 25, 5:52 pm, Mark <pho...(a)bogus.com> wrote:
> "Nathan Sokalski" <njsokal...(a)hotmail.com> wrote in news:etA34C4TKHA.3392
> @TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:
>
> > I use ActiveSync to synchronize my Outlook 2003 and Windows Mobile 6
> > calendars. This works fine for my main calendar (labelled My Calendar in
> > Outlook 2003), but the other calendars in Outlook 2003 (such as Birthday
> > Calendar) do not get synchronized. Is there a way to tell Outlook 2003,
> > ActiveSync, and/or Windows Mobile 6 (whichever ones are necessary) which
> > calendars to synchronize? Thanks.
>
> Both previous answers are only partly correct.  ActiveSync can't cope with
> more than one calendar but Chapura Pocket Mirror can sync any number of
> calendars.  It uses virtual Categories to do it and it works flawlessly..
> The only downside is that on your mobile device all appointments appear in
> one calendar with a category denoting which PC Outlook calendar it came
> from.  If you add a new entry on the mobile without a category it goes to
> your default calendar on the PC, simply pick the appropriate category to
> put it in a specific PC calendar.
>
> HTH
> Mark

Mark,
I used this option before I upgraded to Windows 7 & Outlook 2007. Do
you know of an option for this setup?

Phil
From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on
"RandomEvents" <ross.phillip.m(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> I used this option before I upgraded to Windows 7 & Outlook 2007. Do
> you know of an option for this setup?

If yo used Chapura Pocket Mirror before the upgrade, why can't you use it
afterward? Did you check Chapura's web site to see if you need an update?
Have you installed Windows Mobile Device Center?
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/device-center-download.mspx
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]