From: Eyad on
Setup in a nutshell...

System: Lenovo T500 laptop
OS: Vista Business SP1 32-bit
Software: Office Outlook 2003 SP3

Problem...
So I'm using this setup for over a year, everything OK. Yesterday I did two
things and now Outlook dies (quietly, sans error message) immediately after
startup. It show the splash screen, displays my inbox, and *poof* disappears.

What I did earlier...
1. Windows Update installed: KB9766662, KB979306, KB979099, KB975929
2. At the same time, while searching for another program to uninstall I
stumbled upon (and uninstalled) Windows LIVE Toolbar and LIVE Sign-in
Assistant.

Now I don't know what did it and I don't understand what any of the above
would sabotage my OL2003. Any ideas?
From: DL on
Perhaps insert Office / Outlook cd and undertake a Detect/Repair, see what
that produces

From: Orland, Kathleen on
Try opening Outlook using the /resetnavpane switch:

Start > Run > outlook.exe /resetnavpane
(note the space between outlook.exe and /resetnavpane)

Vista & Windows 7

Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /resetnavpane
(same space)