From: Dogbolter60 on
I'm not very technical but can do the basics but I'm struggling to sort this
one out!
I kept my btconnect email account from a previous place of work which has an
office exchange which somehow still worked once I left the job until recently.
The System Administrator has closed my mailbox which is claimed to be now
over 60,000KB having exceeded my 40,000 limit.
In the past I have had warnings and have reduced the size of my inbox by
deleting or transferring emails to my personal or archive folders and then
emptied my deleted file to free up space which seemed to work OK.
Recently however I did not monitor my incoming emails and the inbox grew to
the extent that the mailbox has now remained shut regardless that the inbox
now shows about 11,000KB.
Can anyone help please??!
PS - have deleted contents of "sent" folder
From: VanguardLH on
Dogbolter60 wrote:

> I'm not very technical but can do the basics but I'm struggling to sort this
> one out!
> I kept my btconnect email account from a previous place of work which has an
> office exchange which somehow still worked once I left the job until recently.
> The System Administrator has closed my mailbox which is claimed to be now
> over 60,000KB having exceeded my 40,000 limit.
> In the past I have had warnings and have reduced the size of my inbox by
> deleting or transferring emails to my personal or archive folders and then
> emptied my deleted file to free up space which seemed to work OK.
> Recently however I did not monitor my incoming emails and the inbox grew to
> the extent that the mailbox has now remained shut regardless that the inbox
> now shows about 11,000KB.
> Can anyone help please??!
> PS - have deleted contents of "sent" folder

You thought a previous employer was going to continue to pay to let you use
their e-mail service? Looks like something got flagged which alerted their
e-mail admin who realized you don't work there anymore and decided to close
your old account since you don't work there anymore. Looks like someone was
very sloppy at your old employer is shutting down their ex-employee
accounts.
From: Dogbolter60 on

> Vanguard.....thanks for your comments which will lead me query this with the company but I don't think this is the case as it is only a v.small business where I worked for myself but used their email system and we are still on good terms.....or so I thought!!
These administrator warnings have been occurring for nearly 2 years and the
fact that I let the inbox build up recently seems to be the logical reason.
I've trawled the net to try and resolve this but I haven't seen this issue
anywhere so my question therefore is "Has anyone out there ever experienced a
"closed" mailbox and if so, how did or can you re-open it again?"
Should I try and re-install or find a new email??
Would appreciate your help
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Dogbolter60" <Dogbolter60(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Vanguard.....thanks for your comments which will lead me query this with the
> company but I don't think
> this is the case as it is only a v.small business where I worked for myself
> but used their email system
> and we are still on good terms.....or so I thought!!
> These administrator warnings have been occurring for nearly 2 years and the
> fact that I let the inbox build up recently seems to be the logical reason.
> I've trawled the net to try and resolve this but I haven't seen this issue
> anywhere so my question therefore is "Has anyone out there ever experienced
> "closed" mailbox and if so, how did or can you re-open it again?"
> Should I try and re-install or find a new email??

There's nothing you can do in Outlook to reconnect to that mailbox. If their
administrator closed it, it's closed. Period. If you can convince him or her
to allow you to access it again, then fine, but there's nothing else you can
do.

If you used Cached Exchange mode, your Outlook should contain everything your
mailbox contained the last time you accessed it and while working offline, you
can create a Personal Folders file to which you can copy the mailbox folders
so you don't lose anything when you delete the Exchange account.

You'll need to get your own mailbox. If you have Internet access, then it's
likely your Internet provider supplies you an address. Otherwise, you can set
one up for yourself at http://mail.live.com/ or http://mail.google.com/.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]