From: Jim D Jim on
Tried to open outlook 2003 as usual, but it won't open - giving an error
message that the folders are not accessible.

I've tried installing updates, and rebooting.

Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Outlook?

PS: Other MS Office functions like Word etc are working fine.
From: neo on
Folders not accessible means that your .PST file can't be opened. I would
use the mail applet in the control panel to define a new .PST file, set this
new .PST file as your default delivery location, and remove the old .PST
file from the profile. Outlook should start at this time and give you time
to figure out what is wrong with the old .PST file.

For example, you might make a copy of the old .PST file and then try running
the inbox repair (scanpst.exe) tool against it to see if there is any
corruption.