From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
<Gordon Potter> wrote in message

> Outlook.PST was growing 1.069 GB - Tried manual compaction -
> (Highlight Personal Folders, Right Click; Properties; Advanced;
> Compact Now). Lots of disk activity, but no change in the size of
> Outlook.pst as reported by Windows Explorer.
....snipped the rest...

Why are you concerned? Outlook 2007 can handle PSTs that are 20GB and larger,
as can most disk drives less that five years old.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Gordon on
Turned out I had a corrupted outlook.pst. When I ran Scanpst.exe it
found errors. Then when I ran Compact Now, the size dropped
immediately -- from 1.069 GB to 0.196 GB.

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 08:38:15 -0500, "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]"
<tillman1952(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

><Gordon Potter> wrote in message
>
>> Outlook.PST was growing 1.069 GB - Tried manual compaction -
>> (Highlight Personal Folders, Right Click; Properties; Advanced;
>> Compact Now). Lots of disk activity, but no change in the size of
>> Outlook.pst as reported by Windows Explorer.
>...snipped the rest...
>
>Why are you concerned? Outlook 2007 can handle PSTs that are 20GB and larger,
>as can most disk drives less that five years old.
-
Email will be:
2Cybers at gmail-dot-com

Gordon Potter