From: Irish on
My wife and i have new Win 7 Home Deluxe 64 laptops. If I buy 2007 as a
stand-alone program will I be able to install it on both my laptop and my
wife's laptop?
From: VanguardLH on
Irish wrote:

> My wife and i have new Win 7 Home Deluxe 64 laptops. If I buy 2007 as a
> stand-alone program will I be able to install it on both my laptop and my
> wife's laptop?

You could start at:

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/cu_sc_prodinfo_master?ws=mscom#tab3

and call them to ask them to send you a copy of the EULA so you could read
it *before* you purchase their product. It's possible someone copied it to
a site where you could find it via Google (I gave up after 2 pages of
failed matches).
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
You need 2 licenses if you want to install it on two computers and be
"legal". The license is for one computer plus one portable used by one
person - traditionally, this was a desktop you used all the time and a
laptop you traveled with.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?

From: Irish on
Diane, let me rephrase. Will MS recognize this single license/two
installations as valid with respect to future product and security updates on
each laptop? Thanks.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> Diane, let me rephrase. Will MS recognize this single license/two
> installations as valid with respect to future product and security updates
> on
> each laptop? Thanks.

If it's illegal, of course you won't do it.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]