From: DaveS on
Dan,

You should be Knighted for slaying this firebreathing dragon.
Many, many THANKS !!!!!

Once I got to my Office12 folder with my commandline window, outlook.exe
/resetnavpane brought Outlook back to full function immediately. From
now on, I'll be SURE that Outlook is closed BEFORE I SLEEP my laptop. Bad
move on my part, GREAT SOLUTION on yours!!

From: nalsop on
This discussion looks like the solution I need but I am not sure how to run
that command: outlook.exe /resetnavpane?
I tried the run command and it is not working.
Can someone clarify this for me?

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"nalsop" <nalsop(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> This discussion looks like the solution I need but I am not sure how to run
> that command: outlook.exe /resetnavpane?
> I tried the run command and it is not working.
> Can someone clarify this for me?

With Outlook closed, click Start (the Windows orb), then Run. Enter

outlook.exe /resetnavpane

in the Open field, being sure to include the space after ".exe", then press
Enter or click OK. For Vista, instead of clicking Run, you can enter the
command into the Search box on the Start menu or you can add the Run command
to the Start menu by right-clicking the Taskbar, choosing Properties,
selecting the Start Menu tab, clicking Customize, locating the Run command and
checking it, then OKing out of all the dialogues. You can also simply press
WinKey+R to display the Run dialogue.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: sanibel on
Thanks so much! Your link was the only one that told me how to use the
windows button +R to get the restnavpane to run. It worked instantly.

From: CylonX on
OMG I could kiss you! I tried pretty much everything everyone else had tried
.... even went so far as to research switch parameters for LookOut ... this
fixed it. Microsoft should sticky this. Thank you VERY much!

Ms. Rouen Sterling