From: edpent on
Thanks, fixed my problem quickly.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Deputyr" <Deputyr(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I got Outlook to open after doing this, but it's as if it is a brand new
> program. I lost 3 years of saved files. Is there a way to recover them?

Resetting the Navigation Pane does not do this. Open the Mail applet in
Control Panel and click the Show Profiles button. How many profiles do you
see? If more than one, one of them will be your old profile. Select that as
the one to open.

If you have only one, click the Data Files tab and click Add. Browse to your
old PST, select it, and click OK. The use the Set as Default button to return
Outlook to its former state.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Deputyr on
Brian, you are a computer god! Thank you. I thought all was lost and now it
is found!!

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> Brian, you are a computer god! Thank you. I thought all was lost and now it
> is found!!

Glad to hear it. Which of my suggestions proved the correct one?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Salsan on
By running "Outlook.exe /resetnavpane" command through run box you can fix
your this outlook issue.

To get more instructions for this please follow the link
http://www.techsupportserve.com/forum/topic/123/cannot-start-microsoft-office-outlook-invalid-xml-error-in-outlook/