From: Telstar on
I want to turn off the message when I click on a .doc attachment to read it
in an email that says "this can be a problem". The check box for stopping
this is greyed out. Where do I go to stop this nonsense?

From: Greg Mansius [MSFT] on
Hi,

You probably do not have the permissions to modify the registry data needed
to disable this prompt.

1. Are you using Windows Vista or Windows XP?
2. What is the exact text of the warning?
3. Are you a member of the local Administrators group?
4. Do you also experience this warning for other files (Excel, PPT, etc.)?

--
Thanks

greg mansius [MSFT]
Microsoft Office Outlook Support

From: Telstar on

"Greg Mansius [MSFT]" <gregmans(a)online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> You probably do not have the permissions to modify the registry data
> needed to disable this prompt.
>
> 1. Are you using Windows Vista or Windows XP?
> 2. What is the exact text of the warning?
> 3. Are you a member of the local Administrators group?
> 4. Do you also experience this warning for other files (Excel, PPT, etc.)?

"You should only open attachments from a trustworthy source"
The checkbox to disable the message is greyed out.

I have admin. status.

From: Diane Poremsky on
Did you try editing the registry to "unblock" this? If so, remove the
registry changes.

Does it only happen on doc's also on other office formats?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request(a)lists.outlooktips.net

EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST(a)PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From: Telstar on
I did not edit the registry. It happens on all office formats...

"Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp(a)msn.com> wrote in message
> Did you try editing the registry to "unblock" this? If so, remove the
> registry changes.
>
> Does it only happen on doc's also on other office formats?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-request(a)lists.outlooktips.net

> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST(a)PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>

> "Telstar" <none(a)none> wrote in message
>>
>> "Greg Mansius [MSFT]" <gregmans(a)online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> You probably do not have the permissions to modify the registry data
>>> needed to disable this prompt.
>>>
>>> 1. Are you using Windows Vista or Windows XP?
>>> 2. What is the exact text of the warning?
>>> 3. Are you a member of the local Administrators group?
>>> 4. Do you also experience this warning for other files (Excel, PPT,
>>> etc.)?
>>
>> "You should only open attachments from a trustworthy source"
>> The checkbox to disable the message is greyed out.
>>
>> I have admin. status.
>>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: 0x800420CD