From: JGreg7 on
I have my Outlook 2007 set to do a send / receive every 10 minutes. However
it does not. Mail will sit in my outbox for hours if I do not send / receive
manually.

The send / receive works normally everytime I click the button or press F9,
but I get busy and I forget to check the mail.

Is there any way to fix this? I have not been able to find this problem or
solution described anywhere.

(I do not want to leave it set to continuous since frequently we get a
string of e-mails that comes in every few seconds and is distracting)

--
Thank you,
John Gregory
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on

What type of email account do you have?

What do you mean by "I do not want to leave it set to continuous" ?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: JGreg7 on
It is a corporate microsoft exchange system. It worked for a while, but then
stopped working.

The continuous setting = Tools>Options>Mail Setup>Send/Receive [check box
"send immediately when connected"]

I have noticed that checking this box also causes the e-mail to be delivered
continuously as well (i.e. the instant it is sent.). I do not know if thats
how it is supposed to work, but that is what it does.

I prefer to get my e-mail in "chunks" so I can stop what I am doing and see
if there is anything important. Receiving it continuously usually steals the
window focus when I am right in the middle of something.

--
Thank you,
John Gregory

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"JGreg7" <JGreg7(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> The continuous setting = Tools>Options>Mail Setup>Send/Receive [check box
> "send immediately when connected"]
>
> I have noticed that checking this box also causes the e-mail to be delivered
> continuously as well (i.e. the instant it is sent.). I do not know if thats
> how it is supposed to work, but that is what it does.
>
> I prefer to get my e-mail in "chunks" so I can stop what I am doing and see
> if there is anything important. Receiving it continuously usually steals
> the
> window focus when I am right in the middle of something.

When Exchange is involved, the Send/Receive settings don't play much of a
role. Outlook and Exchange communicate with each other on their own
schedules. Send/Receive with Outlook does not steal focus for any of the
thousands of Outlook users where I work who also use Exchange. I think it's a
local issue for you.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: JGreg7 on
Thank you for your response.

I guess this is just another feature that Outlook 2003 performed well, but
Outlook 2007 fails to accomplish.

--
Thank you,
John Gregory