From: mjschill on
My Archived mail .pst file, which was 1.4GB when I upgraded to Outlook 2007
from Outlook 2003, is now over 4 GB in size and I can't open it. I get an
error "An unknown error occured, error code: 0X800401d". The repair utility
does not work as I get a fatel error there as well. Help
From: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] on
Is that .pst file in unicode or ansi format?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, mjschill asked:

From: mjschill on
How do I tell? I ran the scanpst.exe, which scans the file and tells me it
needs to be repaired. When I click the repair button, it gives an error
message saying that it can't do the repair.

Mike

From: mjschill on
I tried the repair in the Inbox Repair Tool, and it after running the 8 tests
and hitting the repair button, it comes back with "There is not enough spaced
on this disk to repair the file.", even though I have 37 gig of disk space on
a new hard drive. What to do?

Mike

From: mjschill on
Milly,

If you are still reading this, do you have any info that may help me recover
this file? In running the repair utility, it says "There is not enough space
on this disk to repair the file." Even with 37GB of available HD space. I
guess I could move it to a larger hard drive to see if it works. Any
suggestions from anyone would be appreciated.

Mike

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Is that .pst file in unicode or ansi format?
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, mjschill asked:
>
> | My Archived mail .pst file, which was 1.4GB when I upgraded to
> | Outlook 2007 from Outlook 2003, is now over 4 GB in size and I can't
> | open it. I get an error "An unknown error occured, error code:
> | 0X800401d". The repair utility does not work as I get a fatel error
> | there as well. Help
>
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Task update problem