From: LDS on
After reinstalling my Office suite I get an error message using Outlook 2000.
The message is OLE registration error. What does it mean and what do I do?
From: Brian Tillman on
LDS <LDS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> After reinstalling my Office suite I get an error message using
> Outlook 2000. The message is OLE registration error. What does it
> mean and what do I do?

Try this: Click Start>Run and, in the Open field, enter

regsvr32.exe ole32.dll

and click OK.
--
Brian Tillman
From: RoninV on
I can't even get that far. When I open Outlook, I immediately get the "send a
report" error message relating to BCM. After uninstalling BCM, Outlook worked
fine. You may want to uninstall BCM until you find a solution, which will at
least make your Outlook operational.

From: Gary F Shelton on
Hi RoninV,
Yeah I had to reinstall outloook and it ended up working fine. I never did
figure out why the problem started but I am pretty sure that I must of made a
change. Either I did a disc defrag or maybe ran some sort of spy remover...
anyway something I did changed and then that most likely caused the problem
since I know I never installed any new software...Anyway, thanks for the
reply.
--
GS

From: RoninV on
Did you ever get BCM to work properly? I initially installed the BCM which
came with my MS Office 2003 Pro installation. As I wrote earlier, after
uninstalling the BCM, Outlook worked fine. I know there is an update to the
BCM, a file named BCMV2UPD.exe, at Microsoft's website. DO you know if this
"update" can be installed without having to reinstall the BCM that gave me
the problem initally?