From: VanguardLH on
With pre-2007 versions of Outlook, the user had a choice of whether to
use the Outlook embedded new-mail editor or to use Word as the new-mail
editor. As of version 2007, Outlook users are forced to use Word as the
new-mail editor.

To isolate if it is a Word issue on resizing the pictures inserted into
a document when at a non-standard DPI setting, I'd try using a real HTML
editor (Word isn't one of them) to compose your HTML-formatted document
and then use its Send E-mail function to e-mail *that* specific HTML
code. See what the recipient receives. If there is no change in
resolution (size) of the received picture then it certainly appears to
be a "feature" of Word that is causing a resizing of inserted images.
From: Mirko on

"VanguardLH" <V(a)nguard.LH> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> With pre-2007 versions of Outlook, the user had a choice of whether to
> use the Outlook embedded new-mail editor or to use Word as the new-mail
> editor. As of version 2007, Outlook users are forced to use Word as the
> new-mail editor.
>
> To isolate if it is a Word issue on resizing the pictures inserted into
> a document when at a non-standard DPI setting, I'd try using a real HTML
> editor (Word isn't one of them) to compose your HTML-formatted document
> and then use its Send E-mail function to e-mail *that* specific HTML
> code. See what the recipient receives. If there is no change in
> resolution (size) of the received picture then it certainly appears to
> be a "feature" of Word that is causing a resizing of inserted images.

Thank you for all the replies.
I am somewhat limited in what software I can install on my work computer, so
I will just continue to use Office/Outlook 2007 and manually set the size of
all the pictures I insert to 125% (so that they are sent unmodified).