From: Damien McBain on
HI y'all
I have Outlook 2007, connected to an exchange server running on a
Toshiba Satellite U500 (model PSU8CA-01D014) running Windows 7
(version 6.1 build 7600).
I have two users set up, one for home and one for work. The home one
also uses outlook with a POP3 connection to my ISP email account (and
works flawlessly). The work user connects to the exchange server.
The problem I have is that on my work (email) account, Outlook is
constantly temporarily freezing, fading to "not responding" then
coming good again (temporarily). The problem only occurs when using
the mail folders, never contact or calendar (I don't use tasks,
journal etc).
I have:
- killed most of the Toshiba services other than device related
services
- resintalled office pro (a new, licensed copy which didn't come with
the machine)
- run the office diagnostics with nothing adverse reported
- monitored the task manager during the "hang" times and noticed
nothing unusual
- monitored network activity during the hang times and noticed nothing
unusual (albeit only looking at the icon in the tray)
- grazed google for answers
Any help really appreciated... I can't be the only one!
Cheers ans TIA
Damo